6 August, 2020
“Do You actually need a Facebook Page? Isn’t my Personal Profile (friends page) sufficient?” These are concerns that I get asked a great deal as a social media marketing strategist. First of all, let’s clarify precisely what is meant by each of these terms:
Personal User profile – User profiles represent individuals and should take place under a person title. This is your “house foundation” for Facebook – the organization which has Buddies, Loves things, joins organizations, and more.
Facebook Web page – permit a business, business, celebrity, or band to keep an expert presence on Facebook.
My opinion with this has evolved as time passes and I have to admit which it really depends upon several factors. Every person does not need a Facebook Web page. The following concerns can help you decide.
1. Would you like to be discovered by search engines like google? Facebook pages get lots of “Google liquid.” This could be essential if somebody is looking for you or one of your specific important term words that you will be attempting to rank for. Even if somebody is not part of Facebook, your Facebook Web page can be seen by anyone – not to get a Personal Profile. Often, a Facebook Page will rank higher than your website.
2. Who is your target audience? Keep in mind when “buddies” were individuals who you really knew? Are your possible and present clients individuals who you truly know? If you only work with people which you have personally met, maybe you don’t require one. However, if you wish to connect to people that you haven’t really met personally – or don’t look at a buddy – a web page is actually a better method of doing that.
Facebook is clear whenever you problem a friend ask for that you simply actually have to know the person. How many men and women will never reach out to you given that they may not have met you or they could not really feel as if you are a friend – even just in the social networking sensation of the word?
3. How much posting concerning your business are you currently planning to do? Through the years, I have spoken with lots of people who may have actually had their personal accounts shut down by Facebook because they were utilizing it to promote a company. The “Facebook slap” or shutdown appears to occur much more when the business being advertised is actually a traditional business.
I think that the outlines blur for consultants, audio speakers, lawyers yet others who definitely are in the “thought company.” It seems that Facebook is a lot more easygoing with this kind of advertising, education and revealing. However, as the old Donny and Marie song employed to help remind us, you have to be “Slightly Country, A Bit Rock and Roll.”
4. Would you like to have the ability to customize and make a mini-web site? Facebook apps for Pages have become so flexible and effective that you could produce small-web sites within Facebook – not too for personal profiles. You could add custom landing pages (Welcome) with videos, email optin containers, blog rss feeds and more.
5. Do you really wish to blend company and personal? For most of us, it is great to keep these separate. Personal friends don’t always desire to hear about your company and the other way around. Think of your Personal Profile as your House as well as your Page as your Workplace. You wouldn’t post pictures of your own holiday on your office. Similarly, a lot of people don’t have their company papers spread out all around the home. Splitting up could be a good thing.
These initial few concerns might lead you to believe, YES!, I want a Facebook Web page. Nevertheless, here is the key concern you must request prior to starting one.
The time as well as are you currently ready to put in a Facebook Page? A Facebook Page requires a lot of work to get connection and engagement. As a result of way the Facebook “Edgerank” algorithm criteria works, people often don’t see any posts you are doing out of your Web page. It is possible to usually get much more connection on your own Personal Profile.
Many individuals basically abandon their Pages after spending considerable time and energy to get them setup. One choice is to hire someone who will regularly post your content to your Web page allowing you to have a consistent presence. Then, all you have to do is to check out the page frequently and communicate with the people who reply to your posts.
My recommendation for most business owners: Indeed, you DO require a Company Web page. Even if all you do is set it up and make a post that says, “I really hope this site provides some information and facts about my business. I kssiiw most of my Facebook time in my Personal Profile. Make sure you send out me a information there at (URL for Facebook Consumer Title).”
Another important decision to think about when switching to your web page is if you need to simply convert your Personal User profile to some business Web page. Facebook now allows you to do this. Be forewarned that it is not for the faint of cardiovascular system. There are many significant issues that really must be considered before you decide to accomplish this. Look at the Facebook Assist section for more information on this.